Podcast: Ayurvedic View on Heart Disease with Dr. Sujatha Kekada
Dr. Sujatha Kekada talks about the Ayurvedic view on heart disease. The heart is considered the most vital organ in Ayurveda. It’s the seat of important marma points, the three doshas, the plasma channel, the respiratory channel, the ten great vessels of the body, our mind and our prime energy reserve, ojas. Topics covered in the Episode ‘Ayurvedic View on Heart Disease’:
- The importance of this vital organ and its connection to the mind.
- The early signs of heart disease according to Ayurveda.
- The relationship between the doshas and the Western medical classification of heart conditions.
- The gunas rajas and tamas and their influence on the heart.
- Dr. Sujatha shares case studies on Ayurvedic treatments for heart conditions.
- Holistic guidelines for maintaining a healthy heart.